I’ve been writing professionally for 30 years, the last eight of them in online journalism and on staff at well-known websites. Here’s what that experience can do for you.
Some writing coaches might sell you products or services that keep you on the hook for weeks or even months. Instead, I have two short-term options.
The Quick Fix
Here’s how it will work:
- You send me an article you’re working on that you just can’t get right. Or: You send me an e-mail with up to six basics-of-writing questions you want to discuss.
- I read the article and critique it, then send you my thoughts. Or: I send my in-depth answers to your queries.
- Finally, we have a 30-minute phone chat about the article/the questions.
- In a 15-minute phone call or an e-mail of reasonable length, you tell me what you want to accomplish with your blog (or your freelancing).
- You send me up to three blog posts/freelance articles to read and critique.
- I send them back to you with comments and suggestions.
- We have a one-hour phone call to discuss ways to get your writing where it needs to go.
It’s possible to come back for a check-up later if you like. But again, I’m not interested in keeping you in the teacher-pupil situation indefinitely. Your job is to apply what you’ve learned and get on with your writing.
Cost: $400 for the initial session, $350 for subsequent check-ins.
Note: If you decide you want coaching on a continuing basis (weekly, biweekly, monthly) then we can create a system that works for you. Ask!
Just getting started as an online writer? Here’s what we’ll do.
First, tell me your goals via that 15-minute phone call or reasonable e-mail.
Next, you buy the Write A Blog People Will Read course at a 25 percent discount.
Finally, select three course assignments (or three pieces you write on your own) to send to me. I’ll look at what you’ve accomplished and then we’ll do the one-hour phone call.
Cost: $110.25 for course plus $300 for coaching session. Subsequent check-ins are $275.
The writing techniques I teach will improve newsletters, business proposals, client communication and, yes, the company blog.
Send your writers to me via one of the two packages above, with a discount for purchasing 10 or more (the discount goes up along with the number of packages purchased).
Or bring me to your worksite and I will work with small groups (no more than 12 people) for two hours at a time, up to three groups per day.
Cost: Negotiable, depending on the number of participants.
To get started, contact me at Coaching@WriteABlogPeopleWillRead.com.